Thursday, February 9, 2012

Delicious Shame

I awoke this morning to the sound of my stomach trying to out growl my wife's. She won, much to my chagrin. I actually think my stomach is so under-used, it's lost the will to growl. Life could be better.

As miserable as I may be, you can't argue with results. My digital scale revealed that I'm down another one-point-four pounds from yesterday, a trend that is probably coming to a screeching halt after tonight.

Just moments ago, I inhaled a Chipotle burrito without even realizing it...it was like my mouth was on auto-pilot. In a fog, I tried to remember what brought me to such a lowly state. Then it came back to me...my temptress of a wife suggested the food of choice when I was at my worst. Resistance was futile. So I drowned my sorrow with two...no, three...Oreo cookies.

They were double-stuff.

It's okay, though. Thanks to the hormones I'm taking (HCG), I'm pretty sure I would pass a pregnancy test...or fail a pregnancy test, depending on your perspective. That's a post for another time.

I've said too much.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Pastor~~~~~
    Were the oreos the Golden Double Stuff ones~~~~Aren't they somethin'????
    Carole Bartlett
    Hostess
    MPBC

    ReplyDelete