Monday, February 28, 2011

Snow Shovel Training Mishap

I, like my parents before me, and their parents before them, adhere to the philosophy that children are never more a blessing than when they can serve a practical purpose. For example, I'm counting down the days until my son can mow the yard. What a glorious day that will be.

Well, in preparation for this dream to come true, I draw on another time honored tradition that dates back to my ancestors, and that's the philosophy that it's never too early to start getting them ready. Why wait until their "old enough" before we start their training? Nonsense. That's why I recently decided to initiate training for my one-year-old on how to shovel snow from the driveway. Sadly, as this video shows, it went horribly wrong.

There's always next year.

1 comment: