Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello, Blog. Good to see you.

Yeah, so I've been away for a while. And by a while, I means a very long time... especially since I don't even count my last post. Lame. And by lame, I mean way too serious for this blog.

Well, it would appear that I'm back. But don't let appearances deceive you. Even as I write this, I can feel the tug of distractions luring me away from this sadly neglected blog, not the least of which is sleep. I hear it... I want it. This will have to be short.

Well, you've probably already noticed the new look. Unless, of course, you're reading this via some reader app. If that's the case, I would humbly ask that you go to your browser and kindly type in eofftherecord.blogspot.com. It helps my stat counter. When you get there, you'll also notice that some things are missing. I'm stripping this blog down...going with the minimal look. That's because I've recently come to terms with my lazy blogging ways. I took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror and made some tough decisions. I came away with the steadfast realization that this is how it has to be. Even now, however, I remain conveniently non-committal.

Before I cut this short, since this post is really about nothing, I thought I'd offer a brief explanation as to why I've been so negligent in my blogging of late. I'll provide said excuses in list form.
  1. I'm a pastor. Contrary to popular belief, we actually do work more than just on Sundays. At our church, we also have a Saturday service.
  2. I'm a dad. This may have led you to the assumption that I'm also a husband, and that would be true. If you've been around this blog at all, you'll notice that my best work usually has something to do with her. 
  3. I'm in my thirties. 
  4. I have a TV.
  5. I have creative ADD. One minute I want to be a song writer, the next a blogger, the next a novelist, and so on. I tragically lack focus, which more often than not inspires me to sit on the couch and watch the aforementioned TV. It is hi-def. 
  6. I have a house. There's usually something that needs done, which I'm happy to forget about as I sit on my couch and watch TV. I probably should have mentioned earlier in this list that I have a couch. I hope the sudden reference didn't throw anyone. 
While I was away, there were a few things that happened which are worth noting. I'll close with these tidings. 

First of all, I was pleased to discover that even in my absence, blog activity was zipping right along. Just last month - even with no new posts - there were over 200 hits to my blog. Laziness really does pay off, it would seem. 

Secondly, I actually had the chance to meet Kerry Collins... you know what, I just realized it really isn't that note-worthy, after all. 

Now I've said too much.


1 comment: