Friday, October 15, 2010

Therapy


Monday was a Monday. Forgive the redundancy, but it was intended... and much needed. If you don't mind me saying so, it was perhaps even quite clever. But that's another post for another day. Let's just say it was a Monday of Mondays, if you will...

Suffice to say it was a long day. It was, in fact, one of those days that leaves you with the intense desire to enact some kind of violence on your fellow man.

Here's the problem... I'm not really a violent man. The thought of causing anyone real physical, psychological, emotional, or spiritual pain ... well, it pains me. And it so happens that I'm a big fan of the sanctity of human life. I love life... I live for it... it's what gets me out of bed in the morning. So I could never do anything that would jeopardize the lives of those around me.

That's where the Nerf guns and video games come in.

There's really nothing quite like a little multiplayer action with some good friends - or perfect strangers - as you engage in some friendly fire fights. Games like Call of Duty, or Halo provide the fix you need. If you want to go old school, you may try some Golden Eye (affectionately known as Bond on the streets), or Perfect Dark.

Let's say you're too cool for video games (one might call you a jerk). Don't worry about it... there's something for you, too. The fine folks at Nerf have spent years working in conjunction with washed up youth pastors in development of what can only be described as "pick your blown mind up off the floor and place back in your head amazing." I'm referring, of course, to their complete lineup of dart guns. I've long been known for using such "soft" weaponry against my children... and I'm not ashamed.

All I'm saying is that - regardless of which route you take - there's unbelievable and therapeutic satisfaction waiting on the other side.

But I've said too much.

1 comment: